17 April 2011

Mohammad and Aisha, The Child Bride. Sunni's should be ashamed.

Islam and the Destruction of Childhood
This week, Turkeys’ Daily Millyet newspaper
quoted a survey released by prominent
researcher, Tuncer Gunay on some shocking
figures of an epidemic of sexually abused
children. He revealed that some 350,000 to
400,000 children are believed to have been
sexually abused over the past 20 years by
first-degree relatives or other close kin. Of
these incidents, just 600 were referred to the
country's courts. He further stated that 7,000
children were abused in 2010 alone.
The culture of child abuse and child marriage
in Islam has long been a thorn in the side of
the so-called moderate Muslims attempting
to legitimize those very actions mimicking
their prophet Mohammed. The Hadith says
that Mohammed married Aisha when he was
52 and she was 6. He ‘thighed’ her between
the ages of 6 and 9 and as no child of 9 is
capable of consenting to sexual intercourse,
he subsequently raped her.
Muhammad Ibn Ismail Ibn Ibrahim Ibn al-
Mughirah Ibn Bardizbah al-Bukhari was a
Persian Sunni scholar who authored the
Hadith collection named‘Sahih Bukhari’, a
collection which Sunni Muslims regard as the
most authentic of all Hadith compilations. As
85 percent of the worlds Muslims are Sunni,
1.6 billion people hold Bukhari in high
regard.
Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, number 23,
narrated Aisha: The Prophet engaged me
when I was a girl of six years. We went to
Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-
Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair
fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and
my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I
was playing in a swing with some of my girl
friends. She called me, and I went to her, not
knowing what she wanted to do to me. She
caught me by the hand and made me stand
at the door of the house. I was breathless
then, and when my breathing became all
right, she took some water and rubbed my
face and head with it. Then she took me into
the house. There in the house I saw some
Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and
Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she
entrusted me to them and they prepared me
(for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's
Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my
mother handed me over to him, and at that
time I was a girl of nine years of age.
Mohammed also dreamt of Aisha before
aged 6 as noted in Bukhari Volume 5, Book
58, number 235, narrated Aisha: That the
Prophet said to her, "You have been shown
to me twice in my dream. I saw you pictured
on a piece of silk and someone said (to me).
'This is your wife.' When I uncovered the
picture, I saw that it was yours. I said, 'If this
is from Allah, it will be done."
Other sources such as Ibn Hisham, Tabari,
Ibn al-Athir, Ibn Sa'd, Ibn Hanbal, all
maintain that Aisha was betrothed to
Mohammed when she was 6, and the
marriage was consummated 3 years later.
The abuse of children isn’t exclusive to
Turkey though as we can find countless cases
of young, often pre pubescent girls being
raped or sold or married to grown men.
In parts of Ethiopia and Nigeria, quite a
number of girls are married before the age
of 15 and some girls are married as young as
the age of 7. Yemen is full of child brides.
Roughly half of Yemeni girls are married
before 18, some as young as eight.
In Saudi Arabia clerics have justified the
marriage of girls as young as 9, with sanction
from the judiciary. There are no laws defining
the minimum age for marriage in Saudi
Arabia, and girls as young as eight years are
often married.
Egypt, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Ethiopia,
Pakistan, India, and the Middle East: In the
rural villages of these countries many young
girls are rarely allowed out of their homes
unless it is to work in the fields or to get
married. These uneducated girls are often
married off at the young age of 11. Some
families allow girls who are only 7 years old
to marry. It is very unusual for a girl to reach
the age of 16 and not be married.
Thousands of Yemeni women, their faces
covered in religious veils, demonstrated
outside the Parliament to oppose proposed
legislation banning the marriage of girls
under 17. The protesters held up banners
proclaiming "don't ban what Allah made
permissible," or "stop violating Islamic Sharia
law in the name of rights and freedoms,"
Answering calls by Muslim clerics who oppose
the proposal on grounds it goes against
Islamic Sharia law, the protesters arrived in
organized buses.
An Indonesian fifth-grader only identified as
AG, had to run away and sneak into school
to attend classes, after her father forced her
to marry a 60-year-old man. AG was married
by a cleric in front of their parents with an
$11 dowry. She refused the marriage at first
but their father beat her severely with a
leather belt and punched her in the head.
A Yemeni girl named Elham Mahdi Shoi 12,
died from internal bleeding from intercourse,
3 days after her wedding to a 23 year old
man. The girl's mother, Nijma Ahmed, 50,
told a reporter that before her daughter lost
consciousness, her husband had tied her up
and forced himself on her. "She looked like
she was butchered," she said about her
daughter's injuries.
Egypt’s Former State Governor, Yeriman
Bakura, 65, had married a thirteen-year-old
Egyptian girl. The former Governor, now a
Senator, paid a bride price of $100,000. He
also divorced one of his wives to facilitate the
marriage.
Mohammed is infamous for making up the
rules as he went along, with no regard for
the repercussions that his self-serving and
perverted lifestyle would have, well over a
millennia later.
Vin, 16th April 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment